Our congregation is one of over 60 in the Diocese of Glasgow and Galloway of the Scottish Episcopal Church. The Church is a member of the worldwide family of independent churches in the Anglican Communion.
We are the successors of two Episcopal churches in the locality. The Church of the Ascension in Mosspark became linked with the Good Shepherd in 1975. However, with the closure of the Church of the Ascension, the two congregations united in 1987 as the Charge of the Good Shepherd and Ascension.
The Good Shepherd congregation was formed in September 1938, and met in a shop at 2222 Paisley Road West.
The current church building in Hillington Road South was erected by congregational voluntary labour, and was opened for worship in June 1939 and consecrated in 1940. The charge became an incumbency in 1950. We are a Bible-believing church, a centre of spiritual energy of prayer and service and sacrifice, a sanctuary at the hub of the community; welcoming, caring, growing.
Rector: Revd. Deborah Davison (tel: 0141 882 6284)
Contact Caroline Gillespie (email@example.com) for information on the Southside community choir
Past and the present Rectors of the Charge
1938-1949: Revd. Fredrick Goldie
1950-1952: Revd. William Lakeland
1953-1973: Revd. James McClure
1973-1976: Revd. Ronald F. Graham
1977-1987: Revd. Robert J. Burns
Good Shepherd & Ascension
1987-1992: Revd. Robert J. Burns
1992-1997: Revd. Scott Robertson
1992-1997: Revd. Shelley Marsh
1998-2008: Revd. John F. Lyon
2008-2015: Revd. Christian Okeke
Holy Trinity & St Barnabas, Paisley & Good Shepherd, Hillington
2016-2017: Revd. Dr. Tom Wilson
To get in touch, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org